Frequently Asked Questions
Find answers below to some of the most frequently asked questions about this tour. If have a question you don’t see here, feel free to be in touch with us.
HOW MUCH DOES THE TRIP COST?
Students participating in the trip will be responsible to pay for ALL of the following:
- Travel expense to and from Pearson International Airport in Toronto, ON (including domestic airfare if travelling from other parts of Canada).
- A $500 registration fee (non-refundable except for extreme circumstances or in the unlikely event trip plans are cancelled) AND a subsequent $1,000 payment for the trip. Total $1500 (cheques made payable to travel agent).*
- Additional cash in the amount of $220 USD while in Israel ($100 USD covers tips for the Israeli guide and bus driver and the remaining $120 is for lunches while on the tour).
- Additional spending money at the student’s discretion.
- Proof of travel and health insurance is required and is the responsibility of the participant. This is available through the travel agent at an additional cost (see INSURANCE section below).
* Fees are subject to increase based on fluctuating value of the US $
WHAT DOES THE $1,500 TRIP COST INCLUDE?
The program includes round-trip international airfare from Pearson International Airport in Toronto to Ben Gurion Airport, Tel Aviv, airport and fuel surcharges, lodging in Israel, transportation on a private air-conditioned coach bus, breakfasts and dinners, and tour guide/site entrance fees.
NOT INCLUDED: items of personal nature, travel insurance, beverages other than served at breakfast, gratuities to driver, guide & hotel housekeeping & dining room & daily lunches (as noted above) and any item not mentioned as above. Also not included are tuition fees for course credit.
HOW DO I REGISTER TO RECEIVE COURSE CREDIT FROM MCS FOR THIS EXPERIENCE?
IS THERE ANYTHING I NEED TO COMMIT TO IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS TRIP?
Yes. Upon return from Israel, all participants will commit to the following:
- Write a brief letter to our donors expressing their thanks for the opportunity and outlining the impact that trip has made on their lives. Excerpts from these letters will be shared directly with donors to the program and in our various communications to all donors of First Century Foundations.
- In addition to this letter and the course requirements, we ask that participants choose and complete at least 3 items from a list of post-trip activities. Post-trip activities are meant to build upon what the participant experienced in Israel and to help the participant tell their Israel story to their communities.
IS IT SAFE?
The safety and security of students who participate in our program is paramount. We have toured many groups to Israel without any issue. In the event that there is any area of conflict, our trained tour guides and tour operators are in contact with the authorities on a continual basis and will adjust the itinerary accordingly to avoid any potential problem areas.
Each participant is required to purchase and provide proof of travel and health insurance before their trip. We have an excellent offer available from Old Reliable TIPS Insurance for persons up to the age of 29 for $54.00.
Plan Description: Youth Premier Plan Non-USA provides coverage for cancellation, interruption, trip delay, emergency medical, baggage & personal effects, baggage delay, personal money loss, passport/travel visa loss and air flight accident. Please see the policy for complete details of benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms and conditions. Travel must be to non-USA destinations.
|Trip Cancellation||Up to Sum Insured*|
|Trip Interruption Unused Land||Up to Sum Insured*|
|Trip Interruption Return Flight||Up to Sum Insured*|
|Trip Delay||Up to $1,500|
|Accommodation and Meals||$150 per day up to $300|
|Emergency Medical||Up to $1,000,000|
|Emergency Medical Evacuation/Return Home||Up to $1,000,000|
|Repatriation of Remains||Up to $10,000|
|Cremation/Burial at Destination||Up to $5,000|
|Baggage and Personal Effects||Up to $800|
|Baggage Delay||Up to $100|
|Air flight Accident||Up to $25,000|
|*Base amount of $5,000, this can be topped up.|
This amount can be paid by credit card as charges are processed by the insurance company. Ages 30 and older we can do individual quotes on request.